Shropshire Sheep - About the Breed...
Hansnett Farm nestles amongst the hills of Herefordshire between Hereford and Malvern.
Shropshire Sheep are an easy-care breed, which are docile, easy to handle and adept well to any soil or climate.
Other characteristics include:
- Developed as a supreme meat breed
- Produce lambs of the highest meat quality
- Fast growth and excellent carcasses
- Dams are milky and rear twin lambs with ease.
- Well-proven ability to finish successfully from grass alone.
- Lamb early
- Regularly achieve lambing averages of 160% and above
- The breed is completely free from the “V” allele, which is linked to Scrapie susceptibility.
- High quality wool suitable for hand knitting and a wide range of other uses
- Produce heavy, dense fleeces weighing between 2 and 3kg.